SWINGSHIFT AND THE STARS FIRST EVER LIP SYNC BATTLE RAISES ALMOST
$119,000 bringing the season totals to over $363,600! Folks from all over the Traverse Bay Region gathered on Friday Nov 16th at the City Opera House to watch four of the eight fabulous nonprofits compete in the inaugural lip sync battle. All performance teams rocked their numbers! Here are the bank verified results of the money earned in alphabetical order:
- 22 2 None ~ championed by the Marilyn Taylor Exit Realty and represented by Tina Turner (Marilyn Taylor)and the 22 2 None board, brought in $34,122.00 which includes $500 awarded to them for securing the audience choice award.
- Children’s House ~ championed by their Parent Partnership and represented on the “battle” floor by gym teacher Steve Maas and 4 other members of the Children’s House faculty, raised $9,967.00.
- Christ’s Hope International, ~ championed by Loft TC and represented by Saburi Boyer and the “Waka Warriors”, boasted a $40,334.00 donation total for the night. This total includes the $1,925 Alumni Award garnered by earning the highest judges’ scores!
- City Opera House ~ championed by Tom’s Food Market is thrilled to have an additional $34,573.00 after Jane Deering-Zimmerman and the Downtown Dudes (Todd, Scott, Guillaume and Jim) strutted their stuff to Petula Clark’s famous song, Downtown.
This group of organizations is done performing but NOT done raising money on the SwingShift and the Stars platform!
Our next SwingShift and the Stars event on December 14th, will also be held at the City Opera House in Traverse City and will feature the other four dancing participants in this year’s SwingShift and the Stars line-up doing their best lip sync performance:
- Arts For All sponsored by Golden Fowler Home Furnishings,
- Michael’s Place championed by Clark Manufacturing,
- Traverse City Christian School sponsored by Coldwell Banker Schmidt Realtor,
- Zonta Club of Traverse City championed by REMAX/Bayshore Properties
Since 2008, SwingShift and the Stars has been helping Michigan nonprofit organizations build funds and raise awareness. Having hosted 14 seasons across the Traverse Bay and Great Lakes Bay regions, SwingShift and the Stars has provided 101 opportunities for Michigan nonprofits to grow. Over $3.1 million dollars has been raised thus far, 100% of which went directly to the nonprofits for their critical missions in our communities.
If you’d like more information about SwingShift and the Stars or to schedule an interview with Judy Harrison, please contact Sherry Galbraith.