SWINGSHIFT AND THE STARS OPENING EVENT RAISES OVER $70,000
Folks from all over the Traverse Bay Region gathered on Friday at the City Opera House to show some love to four of the eight fabulous nonprofits and their star dance teams at this season’s opening competition of SwingShift and the Stars. All participants performed beautifully. Here are the bank verified results in alphabetical order:
▪ 22 2 None ~ championed by Marilyn Taylor EXIT Realty along with dancers Marilyn Taylor and Mel Kiogima, brought in $20,196.00
▪ Children’s House ~ championed by the Children’s House Parent Partnership and represented by dancers Steve Maas and Jenny Rohlen, brought in $20,047.00
▪ Christ’s Hope International ~ championed by Loft TC and represented by dancers Saburi Boyer and Sharon Pascoe, have thus far raised $21,337.00. This total includes $1,000 awarded to them through their dancers winning the Audience Choice Award presented & funded by Floor Covering Brokers and Brad & Judy Harrison. It also includes the $1,925 Alumni Award garnered by earning the highest judges’ scores!
▪ City Opera House ~ championed by Tom’s Food Markets and represented on the dance floor by Maurie Allen and Lauren Harris, raised $13,391.00.
This group of organizations will be back to performing on November 16th when they will compete in the inaugural lip sync battle! Our next SwingShift and the Stars event on October 19th, will also be held at the City Opera House in Traverse City and will feature the other group of dancing participants in this year’s SwingShift and the stars Line-Up:
• Team Arts for All/Golden Fowler Home Furnishings
• Team Michael’s Place/Clark Manufacturing,
• Team Traverse City Christian School/Coldwell Banker Schmidt Realtors
• Team Zonta Club of Traverse City/REMAX~Bayshore Real Estate
Since 2008, SwingShift and the Stars has been helping Michigan Nonprofit Organizations build funds and raise awareness. Having hosted 14 seasons across the Traverse Bay and Great Lakes Bay regions, SwingShift and the Stars has provided 103 opportunities forMichigan nonprofits to grow. Over $3.1 million dollars has been raised thus far, 100% of which went directly to the nonprofits for their critical missions in our communities.
If you’d like more information about SwingShift and the Stars or to schedule an interview with Judy Harrison, please contact Sherry Galbraith.