SWINGSHIFT AND THE STARS SECOND EVENT RAISES OVER $165,000
bringing the season totals to over $237,960.00! Folks from all over the Traverse Bay Region gathered on Friday at the City Opera House to show some love to four of the eight fabulous nonprofits and their star dance teams at this season’s opening competition of SwingShift and the Stars. All participants performed beautifully. Here are the bank verified results in alphabetical order:
- Arts for All ~ championed by the Golden Fowler Home Furnishings and represented by dancers Derek Woodruff & Grace Hudson, brought in $31,731.00.
- Michael’s Place ~ championed by Clark Manufacturing and represented on the dance floor by Ellyn Tarrant and Ed Blackburn, raised $38,680.00.
- Traverse City Christian School ~ championed by Coldwell Banker Schmidt Realtors and represented by dancers Adam Miller and Liz Arbut, have thus far raised $70,880.00. This total includes $500 awarded to them through their dancers winning the Audience Choice Award presented and funded by Brad & Judy Harrison. It also includes the $1,925 Alumni Award garnered by earning the highest judges’ scores!
- Zonta Club of Traverse City ~ championed by RE/MAX – Bayshore Properties along with dancers Deb Jackson & Richard Dodge, brought in $24,093.00.
This group of organizations will be back to performing on December 14th when they will compete in a lip sync battle!
Our next SwingShift and the Stars event on November 16th, will also be held at the City Opera House in Traverse City and will re-feature the other four dancing participants in this year’s SwingShift and the Stars Line-Up:
- Team 22 2 None/Marilyn Taylor EXIT Realty
- Team Children’s House/The Children’s House Parent Partnership
- Team Christ’s Hope International/Loft TC
- Team City Opera House/Tom’s Food Markets
Since 2008, SwingShift and the Stars has been helping Michigan nonprofit organizations build funds and raise awareness. Having hosted 14 seasons across the Traverse Bay and Great Lakes Bay regions, SwingShift and the Stars has provided 103 opportunities for Michigan nonprofits to grow. Over $3.1 million dollars has been raised thus far, 100% of which went directly to the nonprofits for their critical missions in our communities.
If you’d like more information about SwingShift and the Stars or to schedule an interview with Judy Harrison, please contact Sherry Galbraith.